Friday, June 17, 2011

Songs to Grow On: Koholint Ballad of Life (Overworld Theme)

This summer, I'm going to do things that are productive. I'm going to better myself. I'm going to not waste the time that I have. One of my loftier goals is to arrange enough music to be able to start a video game music a cappella choir when I return in the fall. Of course, that'll be difficult, but I really hope I'm up for the challenge (and, well, although Northwestern already has an abundance of a cappella groups, none of them have this same schtick). I want to do more obscure songs, but it is familiar tunes that really draw a crowd. This song takes a bit from both columns and is one of my favorite renditions of the Legend of Zelda theme; as such, it will be one of the first songs I will try to arrange for this new choir. Presented below are the original Gameboy version and the Super Smash Bros. Brawl version of the Overworld theme in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, originally composed by Minako Hamano.

"Koholint Ballad of Life" - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX


"Overworld/Tal Tal Heights Mix" - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

1 comment:

  1. The timing on this post couldn't be better. They just put this game on the 3DS virtual console and I've been hearing this music all week as I've been playing it

    ReplyDelete