Friday, May 13, 2011

Songs to Grow On: Super Mario World - Ending Theme

I haven't really paid homage to any classic games in this blog yet, so I figured it was about time. This song plays during the credit sequence of Super Mario World, composed by the prodigious Koji Kondo. It's characterized by a simple, straightforward tune that, halfway through, is colored in a "stage show extravaganza"sort of way.

Credit Sequence - Super Mario World

I also happened across this rendition of the ending theme today. It's played by a band of six cousins, all on different instruments. It's not a professional recording by any means, but it's exciting to hear the song played live (especially by a family band).

RobinLSL - Super Mario World Ending Theme

Have a wonderful weekend! I hope to have my next full post up by next week, so stay tuned!

1 comment: